1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » 
  5. Family Law
  6.  » Modifications

Modifying Your Support Or Parenting Time Arrangement

After you have a child, the changes in your life effect more than just you. You, your health and your ability to take care of your child can change before you know it. If you already have a parenting plan in place but need to modify it, our firm can help. The attorneys at Warren, Carlson & Moore, LLP, have helped clients make these changes for decades.

When making updates to your child support or custody agreement, it is important to have a lot of support behind your case. You will want to have as much evidence as possible, so keep track of any financial changes and communication with your former partner.

Reasons To Change Your Child Support Or Parenting Time Arrangement

The original agreement was put into place because the court determined it was in the best interest of the child. Therefore, changing this plan can be difficult. You need to be able to show that there were significant changes that require the order to be re-examined.

There are many reasons you may want to modify your current agreement. Some common reasons for changing a child support or parenting time arrangements are:

  • Loss of a job
  • Acquiring a new job
  • Needing to move out of state with the child
  • Remarriage

You need to know that in many cases, you have to get the court’s permission before simply making changes to an agreement. If you do things that violate the court’s order, you could be putting yourself at risk for potential problems down the line. Our experienced lawyers can help you review your modification options.

Time Is Of The Essence; Call Us Today

If you are interested in modifying your child support or parenting time agreement in Colorado, getting legal advice is the best thing you can do. Don’t let another day go by. Our firm is here to help you and your family. Contact our Niwot office today to set up a consultation at 303-652-2433 or fill out our contact form.